Upscale Pigs In BlanketsFrom hollyeats 4 years ago
- 4 meaty sausages of any kind: frankfurters, Smokies, farmer's shopping list
- 4 thickish slices cheese, any firm variety shopping list
- Whole-grain or Dijon mustard shopping list
- 4 roughly 6" squares ready-made dough for biscuits, croissants, pizza crust or puff pastry shopping list
- milk or cream for brushing shopping list
- paprika, garlic salt or grated Parmesan for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Make a deep slit in sausages from about 1/2" from each end, not cutting through the bottom.
- Fill each slit with a slice of cheese.
- Spread dough squares with your choice of mustard, spreading to within 1" of edges.
- Place sausages on dough and fold over, covering the cheese and sealing with a bit of milk.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and brush with more milk.
- Sprinkle with your choice of topping and bake 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Can be eaten out of hand or with a knife and fork.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!