Dark Chocolate, Beet And Cherry MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot coffee shopping list
- 5 oz cooked, peeled beets shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup demerara sugar shopping list
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (I made beet infused cocoa using the same process as my Raspberry cocoa powder) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl combine the flaxseed and coffee. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the beets, oil, applesauce and sugar until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate and add with the flaxseed mixture to the processor. Puree in thoroughly.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and pulse in until mostly smooth.
- Pulse in the cherries.
- Spoon into the muffin cups and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack and cooling completely.