Wild Rice CasseroleFrom housewifeintraining 2 years ago
- I'm going to use the tweaked recipe that my mom has used and then i used. so it is not the original... shopping list
- ***Double the recipe!!*** shopping list
- use boxed long gran wild rice with herbs shopping list
- I used one pound ground beef (don't double) shopping list
- then i used one pound ground italian sausage (don't double) shopping list
- 1 green pepper shopping list
- 2 c. chopped celery shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, shredded shopping list
- 1 c, bean sprouts & liquid shopping list
- 1 c mushrooms and liquid shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Worcester sauce shopping list
- water chestnuts shopping list
How to make it
- drain and brown ground beef and sausage v well to keep grease level down.
- i cook in slow cooker. i start it as soon as i get up in the morning which is around 3:00- 4:00 AM on Christmas so i can get everything done by 10ish.
- **my mom has always used the crockpot and i did too. but you can bake it 375 degrees for one hour in a buttered baking dish and add water if necessary.
- ***original recipe calls for 1 lb. chop suey meat and 1/2 veal. also to soak wilde rice overnight if you're not using instant. i've never had it this way...
The Cookhousewifeintraining Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!