Notyourmomma's Stuffed PeppersFrom notyourmomma 2 years ago
- 1 chub of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion diced shopping list
- 1 zucchini, diced shopping list
- 1 cup of dried cranberries shopping list
- 1 pck of baby spinach leaves shopping list
- 1/2 diced fresh red pepper shopping list
- 1 can of beef broth, low salt shopping list
- several grinds of black pepper shopping list
- a pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup of quinoa, soaked in one cup of boiling water shopping list
- 4 whole yellow or orange peppers, stemmed and deseeded shopping list
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 can of diced seasoned tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- brown sausage and drain
- Boil water, pour over quinoa, soak until 1/2 hour
- In saute pan, cook zucchini, onion, diced pepper until tender, add the drained sausage, the can of beef broth, quinoa, dried cranberries and cook over low heat until quinoa and the cranberries are plump and tender. Add seasoning. Add spinach and let it wilt.
- Core fresh peppers and stuff with the spinach sausage quinoa.
- Refrigerate at this point.
- On the day you want to serve, dump the can of tomatoes with the juice on the bottom of the casserole dish. Place filled peppers in the tomato base, cover the peppers with foil, and heat thoroughly at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese and then broil a minutes or two to melt cheese and make it bubble.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!