Rule Of Thirds SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 3 carrots, sliced thinly shopping list
- 3 leeks, sliced thinly (white and non-fibrous green parts) shopping list
- 1 white swan squash (or small acorn squash), peeled, seeded and diced shopping list
- 15 new potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne (to taste) shopping list
- 8 cups homemade turkey broth shopping list
- 12 oz cooked turkey, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup frozen peas shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the celery, carrots, leeks, squash and potatoes. Stir well, cover and cook 8 minutes.
- Uncover, stir again and cook 1-2 minutes longer, then add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add broth, stirring well, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 40 minutes.
- Add turkey and peas, re-cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately or cool, portion and freeze.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze126 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Family Favourites134 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Good For Your Soul Food29 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
101 A Celiac Gluten Free Place170 members
Cheap N Easy53 members