San Diego Fish Taco White SauceFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup sour cream -reduced fat sour cream or Greek yogurt is great too shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat is fine too ) shopping list
- 1 lime, halved ( I used the whole one ) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, minced shopping list
- 1 hot pepper of your choice, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream and mayonnaise until well blended.
- Squeeze the juice from one lime half into mixture, then whisk thoroughly.
- You’ll want the consistency of a pourable, creamy salad dressing.
- If still too thick, add more lime juice from the other half.
- If too runny, add some more sour cream.
- Add all of the spices, whisking to mix thoroughly.
- Add the capers, minced pepper and cilantro, and whisk thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with wrap and refrigerate the fish taco for at least one hour , the longer the better.
- Serve chilled.
- Spoon white sauce over fish tacos etc
- Yield: 1 cup or so