Cinnamon - Walnut Coffee CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup spelt flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 oz salted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup low-fat (not fat free) sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips (I used cinnamon-baking-chips.html">cinnamon Baking chips ) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9" square pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, eggs, sour cream and vanilla until well blended.
- Add half the dry ingredients, beating well, then add the milk and mix in.
- By hand, mix in the remaining dry ingredients, then fold in the walnuts and cinnamon chips.
- Spread in the pan (batter will be thick) and bake 30 minutes. Do not overbake!
- Cool in the pan before turning out and slicing.