Pozole With Dried HominyFrom PongoUSA 3 years ago
- 250 g hominy, dried shopping list
- water shopping list
- 10 cup water shopping list
- 2 lb pork like knuckle, feet and shoulder, cut into 2 inch pieces shopping list
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless, but on the bone shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled, cut in half shopping list
- 4 garlic gloves, peeled shopping list
- oregano shopping list
- cumin shopping list
- S+P shopping list
- bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tb lard shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 garlic glove, minced shopping list
- 1 tb epazote or oregano shopping list
- 2 limes, the juice only shopping list
- cabbage, white, diced shopping list
- radishes, sliced shopping list
- avocado, cubed shopping list
- cilantro, minced shopping list
- red onion, diced shopping list
- jalapeno, sliced shopping list
- tortilla strips, fried crispy shopping list
- 2 limes, quartered shopping list
- 6 ancho chile, boiled, pureed and cooked for 30 min.or homemade enchilada sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the hominy overnight, drain, than cook in plenty of water for 5 hours, until the kernels are soft and have blossomed. Cook the pork and chicken in seperate pots, each with 1/2 onion, 2 garlic gloves, oregano, cumin, s+p and 1 bay leaf. Pork takes between 90 min and 2 hours, the chicken should be done in 45 min. Let somewhat cool, strain the broth and reserve. Shred the meat and keep in broth.
- Heat lard in a big pot, fry onion until soft. Add garlic and fry for 30 more seconds. Add oregano, broths, meat and hominy. Cook slowly for 30 min, season with lime juice and S+P.
- Serve pozole in a big bowl with all the condiments in small bowls. Everybody gets some pozole and than can choose, what he wants to add at the table.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!