Chocolate Rocks! CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 tbsp ground chia seed shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- Pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup salted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp golden corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 cup thick-cut rolled oats shopping list
- 100g chocolate rocks (or other candy coated chocolate) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with silicone or parchment.
- In a small cup, whisk together the chia and water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the shortening, butter, sugars and corn syrup.
- Add chia mixture and vanilla, beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients, beat until combined.
- By hand, mix in the rolled oats and chocolate rocks.
- *Optional step: wrap dough and chill 1 hour, up to overnight*
- Scoop scant tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time for 10 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!