Oven Roasted Squash With Lemon Tahini SauceFrom PongoUSA 3 years ago
- 1 small kabocha squash or large acorn squash (1 pound), scrubbed, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges, seeded shopping list
- 1 1-pound delicata squash, scrubbed, cut into 1-inch-thick wedges or rings, seeded shopping list
- OR butternut squash, peeled, cut into 3/4 inch wedges shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds, divided shopping list
- 2 ts chile powder shopping list
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch wedges shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste) shopping list
- 1 tb Aioli shopping list
- 2 tb chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tb olive oil shopping list
- Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 425°.
- Put pumpkins and onion in a big bowl, drizzle with olive oil, cumin seds, chile powder and s+p, mix. Divide between 2 baking pans and roast for 30 - 40 min., turning every 10 min. until nicely caramelized and soft.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice, tahini, aioli and broth in a small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer squash to a platter. Drizzle tahini sauce over and sprinkle with Aleppo pepper.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!