Dumpling Veggie Sizzle Fo-shizzleFrom chefmal 2 years ago
- 6-8 frozen dumplings of your choice shopping list
- 2 Tbsps toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Kikkoman Sushi and Sashimi sauce (this stuff is the bomb diggity) shopping list
- (Optional: 1 tsp rice or rice wine vinegar) shopping list
- 1 bulb baby bok choy, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 Cup mustard greens, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 Cup onions, chopped shopping list
- Handful of red bell peppers, de-veined, de-seeded and chopped shopping list
- Black and/or white sesame seeds as garnish. shopping list
How to make it
- Add sesame oil to wok and heat over high flame until a drop of water sizzles when flicked in.
- Add dumplings and stand back, for it spits! Lower the flame to medium or risk losing your eyebrows.
- Let it cook for a little bit before tossing the veggies in, but if the dumplings you're using are fresh, you can just toss in everything simultaneously.
- Using a pair of tongs, make sure to flip the dumplings and veggies around so things get done evenly.
- *Note that there's a debate. Some people say that dumplings should only be cooked on one side or they will be ruined, and that's a good method if they're soup dumplings. But I overcook everything because I'm paranoid. Do whatever you freaks wanna do.
- After a few minutes, the greens will start to wilt and the onions will caramelize. You can add the soy sauce and if desired, the vinegar now. You can even toss in some of the sesame seeds, but save some for the garnish.
- Mix everything up and let it heat through another few minutes.
- When done to your liking, serve hot with the rest of the garnish and nom merrily away using chopsticks. Because... psshht. Using a fork with dumplings? Don't be lame.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- jaden Forrest City, America
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!