Vanilla Almond BiscottiFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- ½ cup oats shopping list
- ½ cup vanilla sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- ½ cup slivered almonds shopping list
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk shopping list
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean shopping list
- 2 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment or silpat.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and almonds.
- Pour in the almond milk, then add the vanilla seeds, oil and vanilla extract. Stir well - dough should be very stiff but cohesive.
- Shape into a flattened log and place on the sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- With a sharp, serrated knife (I used my mom's awesome CUTCO bread knife), slice the log on a bias, arranging the pieces (cut side down) back on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip carefully and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely - they will crisp as they cool.
- These are delicious dipped in white chocolate with slivered, flaked or ground almonds on top.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!