Apples 'n Oranges CrepesFrom pointsevenout 1 year ago
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 t baking powder shopping list
- 2 T confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1/2 c orange juice shopping list
- 1 t grated orange rind shopping list
- 6 heaping T applesauce OR shopping list
- 6 heaping T apple-butter shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour then re-sift it with the remaining dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs well with milk, juice and orange rind.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just mixed. Over-mixing can cause a rubbery texture.
- Chill batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but it is a great thing to have made in advance.
- Heat an omelet skillet over medium-high then spray with cooking spray.
- Ladle about 1/4 c of the batter into the heated skillet and roll the pan to get a thin even layer of batter across the whole pan.
- These will cook quickly. Crepe will visually start drying from the edge inward. When dried about half way, test readiness to turn by gently prying the edge of the crepe and peek underneath to see if it is golden. Use a wide spatula to turn the crepe over and brown the other side.
- Fill each crepe with a heaping tablespoon of applesauce or apple-butter and roll the crepe.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- Good4U Perth, Canada
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!