Holiday Supper StuffingFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 large loaf day-old sourdough or country-style bread (about 24 oz), cut into ¾” cubes (you can leave the crust on if you like - we did) shopping list
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3 large celery stalks, with leaves, diced shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped (do not use garlic powder as it will scorch) shopping list
- ¾ cup packed dried cranberries shopping list
- ½ cup diced dried apricots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp rosemary shopping list
- 2 tsp thyme shopping list
- 2 tsp fennel seed shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- ½ tsp ground pepper shopping list
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and butter a 4-qt casserole dish.
- Place bread cubes in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and cook the leeks celery, and garlic until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add fruit, pecans, poultry seasoning, rosemary, thyme and fennel seed. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in the wine and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half.
- Pour into the bread mixture and add salt and pepper.
- Add parsley, and eggs, stir to combine.
- Add broth in two additions, stirring until absorbed after each addition. Season generously with salt and pepper and transfer stuffing to dish.
- Bake on middle rack until deep golden brown on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!