Savory Olive Quick BreadFrom hollyeats 1 year ago
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I used half spelt) shopping list
- 1 TBS + 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used Lawry's Seasoned salt) shopping list
- 1 TBS dried rosemary shopping list
- Pinch dried thyme shopping list
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 TBS olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup drained sliced olives, green or black (I used both) shopping list
- (1/2 cup walnuts, optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan (or use a longer, thinner one).
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices with a wire whisk.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Stir in olives (and nuts if using) until evenly distributed, but do not overmix.
- Pour dough into pan and smooth top; brush with olive oil. You may sprinkle with a little more rosemary if desired.
- Bake about 40-45 minutes, or until risen and browned, and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes and then turn out onto rack to finish cooling.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!