Dutch Oven Camping Pot RoastFrom BSAPack411 2 years ago
- 5 lb roast shopping list
- 12 small to medium sized red potatoes shopping list
- 1 large Yellow or white onion shopping list
- 1 lb baby carrots shopping list
- I can whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup of flour or corn starch shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- Various seasonings of your preference shopping list
How to make it
- Add Water to a 12 inch Dutch Oven and heat to a slow boil.
- Add 5 lb roast to Dutch Oven and Cover.
- Place Dutch Oven on top of 8 Charcoal Briquettes.
- Place 16 Charcoal Briquettes on top of Lid.
- Cook Roast for 25 Minutes.
- remove Lid and turn Roast over-Cover
- Cook for an additional 25 minutes.
- Add Potatoes and Vegetables and seasonings-Cover
- Cook for an additional 45 minutes to an hour.
- Use a meat thermometer to assure Roast is thoroughly cooked.
- Add flour or corn starch to thicken remaining water to your preference.
- Add coals to top and bottom of Dutch Oven during the cooking process to keep a constant heat inside the oven.