chicken or tofu coconut and cardamon and stuffFrom plutonian 9 years ago
- eggplant shopping list
- chicken breast shopping list
- tofu shopping list
- galangal shopping list
- ginger shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- ground chili shopping list
- cardamom shopping list
- coconut milk shopping list
- fresh young coconut meat shopping list
- carrots shopping list
- onion shopping list
- kaffir lime leaves shopping list
- shitake shopping list
- whatever else or instead of you can find that seems like it'll be good in the wok with that lot shopping list
How to make it
- Right, chop a load of garlic, red onions, ginger, fresh galangal (Asian market). Heat cast iron wok, slosh in sesame oil. OK?
- Toss in garlic and ginger and a bunch of cardamom seeds.
- Throw in obliquely diced aubergine, carrots and shitake (waiting a coupla mins between everything, right?) Bit of seasoning.
- OK, rush out in the garden and grab a bunch of cilantro, basil and some kaffir lime leaves (dude, you have to have a kaffir lime tree in a terracotta pot - essential) leave those on the chopping board and throw in your diced chicken breast (yes, or tofu or whatever).
- Right, now, um, chili flakes, red peppers and asparagus.
- A slosh of water from the kettle and dissolve all the brown chicken jiz off the bottom. Toss it all about, throw in kaffir lime leaves, cover and simmer for a bit.
- Now, scrape out the yummy noodly strips of fresh young coconut (you drank out that nectar of the gods earlier) dump that in and pour over the remaining half tin of coconut cream (who knows what happened to the 1st half). In goes the basil and cilantro. Stir. Serve over the rice you made yesterday (basmati with the bay leaf) after steaming that up a bit (drop of water from the kettle in bottom of pot - works lovely)
- DELICIOUS! Best bit is explosive flavour of surprise cardamom seed crunch - whaor, lovely.
The Cookplutonian Monterey, IO
The Rating1 people
This is on our table tonight!! Just my sort of tucker!!! *I* don't think I put too much ginger or chilis in- but the offspring did.... Loved it loved it loved it. Super Phwoar.......wrigggit in Perth loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!