Steak And Mushroom PieFrom dancingfox 1 year ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine shopping list
- At least 6 ounces of stew beef, or any steak cut into bite-size cubes shopping list
- 1 cup sliced button or white mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown gravy or cream of mushroom soup (depending on preference, I've used both and have enjoyed it either way!) shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped sage (optional) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine, diced shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sage, salt, cold butter and milk. Stir together using a fork to mix in the butter. (At this point, if you need to add another tablespoon or two of milk, you can.)
- Form dough into a ball and roll out.
- Use cooking spray or grease a 9x9” pie pan or separate ramekins. Place bottom pie crusts in.
- Use remaining dough to form “lids” to the pies. I usually just roll the dough back out and freeform cut it.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crusts are golden brown
- Heat the butter in a well-seasoned frying pan. Saute the steak cubes until lightly browned, and then add the mushrooms to pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the brown gravy, and mix thoroughly. Allow to simmer until meat is cooked through to preference. Place into the bottom pot pie shell, and place the top shell over the filling. Serve!
The Cookdancingfox Butler, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!