Roasted Cauliflower Steaks With Olives, Raisins And BreadcrumbsFrom PongoUSA 11 months ago
- 1 large head cauliflower, outer green leaves removed and stem trimmed, leaving core intact shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 teasp. Minced garlic shopping list
- 3/4 cup Pitted chopped Castelvetrano olives shopping list
- 1/3 cup currants or golden raisins shopping list
- 1 tablesp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teasp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3/4 cup toasted coarse breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmegiano Reggiano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place the rack in the lower third of the oven, and preheat the oven to 400°. Working from the top of the cauliflower head vertically to the core, carefully cut three 3/4-inch "steaks" from the center. The edges and some florets will break loose - chop these finely and reserve 1 cup. Place the cauliflower steaks on a greased rimmed baking sheet, and brush both sides with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. Roast until tender throughout and golden brown, 25-30 minutes, flipping once carefully about halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and reserved chopped cauliflower, and cook, stirring, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the olives and currants, and cook about 3-4 minutes more. Add the lemon juice and red pepper flakes, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in breadcrumbs, reserving 1-2 tablespoons of the crumbs to finish.
- Remove the cauliflower steaks from the oven, and top with the olive mixture. Sprinkle the reserved breadcrumbs and the cheese over the top. Serve warm.
- Per serving:
- 426 calories, 13 g protein, 40 g carbohydrates, 26 g fat (5 g saturated), 6 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 8 g fiber.