Orange SourdoughFrom jgnat 2 years ago
- 1 cup sourdough starter (see my separate recipe) shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons molasses shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola or other light oil shopping list
- 1 cup white all-purpose or bread flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat organic flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum (health food specialty or celiac section) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (orange rind cut fine) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons breadmaker yeast shopping list
How to make it
- Place ingredients in order in bread machine.
- This makes a large loaf.
- I use the whole grain setting on my Black & Decker and everything else the same for a normal loaf.
- The moisture/flour ratio can be quite different based on the humidity level where you live. It is very dry in the mountains here. You may need a quarter cup less water and a quarter cup more flour. Experiment one tablespoon at a time. See Photo
- Through painful trial and error, I have learned to check the dough halfway through the kneading session. If it is too heavy and lumpy, it needs more water. If it is limp like batter, it needs flour. Don't be afraid to re-set the kneading after adjusting the ingredients.
The Cookjgnat Edmonton, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!