Pumpkin PieFrom gourmetana 4 years ago
- pie crust - use your favorite recipe or store bought like I did shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree or 1 - 15 ounce can (425 grams) pure pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 375F (190C).
- In a large bowl lightly whisk the eggs. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a prepared pie shell and place on a large baking pan. Bake the pie for about 45 to 55 minutes or until the filling is set and the crust has browned (the center will still look wet). (A knife inserted about 1 inch (2.5 cm) from side of pan will come out almost clean.)
- Place the baked pie on a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature with maple whipped cream.
- Makes one 9 inch (23 cm) pie.
- To make the maple whipped cream place the heavy whipping cream and maple syrup in bowl of your electric mixer. With the whisk attachment, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Decorate the pie as you wish or serve the cream on the side.