Apple And Chocolate CakeFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs, at room-temperature shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cups chopped apples shopping list
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs on high speed until pale and very thick - about 8-10 minutes
- While the eggs are whipping, brown the butter.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan ( it will foam ) and cook it until the butter browns and smells nutty (about 6 to 8 minutes), then set aside
- Add the sugar to the eggs and whip a few minutes more.
- Add the flour mixture and brown butter alternaetly
- Whisk until just barely combined , so as not to deflate the batter
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the apples and chocolate chips over the top, and bake until the cake is golden brown and springs back to the touch, about 40 to 50 minutes or a tester comes out clean.
- Note: apple and chips will sink and disperse through the batter.
- Cool completely
- Serve with flavored whipped cream or ice cream