Vegan " Hamburger Helper " SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 medium mushrooms, halved and sliced shopping list
- 15 green beans, cut into 3/4" pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 5 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with onion (or add 1/4 diced onion to the vegetables) (I used Hunt's) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp celery seed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegan Parmesan topping (I used Galaxy Foods) shopping list
- 16 "mini spaghetti & meatballs" sized herbed Italian Meatless Miniballs (thawed and crumbled) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups "Smart" (white whole wheat) macaroni shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic (and onion if using), carrot and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and beans and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, stir in the thyme, celery seed, onion powder and vegan Parmesan and simmer until carrots are done - about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled MiniBalls and the pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente (if freezing) or cooked through (if eating fresh).
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members