Spaghetti Squash With Chard And BaconFrom PongoUSA 1 year ago
- 1/2 spaghetti squash, roasted in the oven for 45 min., cooled and forked out the shell shopping list
- 150 g bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 bunch chard, de-stemed, stems cut into 1/4 inch slices crosswise, leaves into 1/2 inch ribbons shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated shopping list
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a wide pan, fry the bacon until nicely browned and crisp. Pour off half of the bacon fat into another wide pan ( where you heat the spaghetti squash 'pasta' later) . Take the bacon out of the pan, saute onion and chard stems for 5 min., until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add chard leaves and cook for a couple minutes, stiring from time to time, until wilted.
- Meanwhile heat the squash pasta in the reserved bacon fat, toss with bacon chard mixture. Add parsley and parmesan, mix and season with S+P. Serve at once.
The CookPongoUSA San Francisco Peninsula, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!