7-up Crescent Apple DumplingsFrom twill10 1 year ago
- Recipe: 7-up Crescent apple Dumplings shopping list
- thnaks to: ©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish.com shopping list
- Prep time: 10 min |Cook time: 30 min | Yield: 8 dumplings shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) can of lemon lime soda, like 7-up, Sprite or Mountain Dew shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg or apple pie spice shopping list
- 2 apples shopping list
- 1 can of crescent rolls shopping list
- Chopped nuts shopping list
- cinnamon sugar shopping list
- Instructions shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt the butter with the sugar, 7-up and nutmeg; simmer until the sugar dissolves. Butter a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Peel, core and cut apples into quarters. Unwrap the crescent roll and separate the triangles. Sprinkle a pinch of chopped nuts on the wide part of the triangle and place an apple quarter on top. Sprinkle the apple lightly with cinnamon sugar. Roll up and place into the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the buttery sugar/7-up mixture all over the rolls. Sprinkle the top generously with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until brown and apples are tender.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of the sauce from the baking dish, an extra sprinkle of nuts on top and whipped cream or ice cream is good too.
- Cook's Notes: Okay to substitute diet soda products and sugar substitutes.
- Variation: Substitute 2 fresh peaches, peeled and cut into quarters.
- How to Make Cinnamon Sugar
- Combine 1/2 cup of sugar with 1 heaping tablespoon of cinnamon. Place into an old cleaned spice jar with a shaker top, cap and shake well. That's it!
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!