Black Rice SaladFrom sosousme 1 year ago
- 4 cups cooked black rice (also called Forbidden rice, or Riso Negro) shopping list
- 1/2 cup each diced red, yellow and orange bell pepper (use a fine dice) shopping list
- 1 cup finely diced red onion shopping list
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup best red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 to 1 cup fruity extra virgin olive oil (I used Colavita Californian) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (although admittedly I did not use freshly ground for the massive amount of rice I was making, but you should) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, comine the peppers, onion and parsley.
- Add the vinegar and stir gently to incorporate (I always add the vinegar first so it can be absorbed by the grain, if you add the oil first, it will coat the grain and not allow the vinegar's freshness to shine). Add 3/4 cup oil; stir gently. Taste and add salt and pepper. Add additional oil to taste, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
- LindySez: It is best to make this salad at least a day in advance to allow the flavors to meld.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!