Beef StroganoffFrom micuisine 3 years ago
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) shopping list
- 2 cups homemade chicken or beef broth shopping list
- 1 cup cold milk shopping list
- Another 2 tablespoons of flour shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk, milk or water (optional) shopping list
- 8 ounces sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- If serving with rice or noodles, start these before starting the Stroganoff.
- Brown the ground beef. Drain.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, 2 TBLS flour, and 1/4 cup butter. Stir together. Let it cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken (or beef) broth.
- Into a jar, put 2 heaping TBLS flour and cold milk. Tighten lid. Shake until flour is mixed and there are no lumps.
- Pour the flour/milk mixture into the pan with the beef and broth slowly. Stirring constantly while adding. (Keeps it from forming lumps.)
- We usually add more liquid to make it go further...like buttermilk, milk, or water. (about 1 cup)
- Cook until the gravy thickens. (about 5 minutes) If it's not thickening, you may want to add a little more flour.
- Right before serving, add sour cream and heat just until hot. Serve over rice, noodles or toast.
The Cookmicuisine Greensboro, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!