How To Make Eggshell CalciumFrom tuilelaith 2 years ago
How to make it
- Use up your eggs as you normally would, keeping the shell in the carton to make your supplement
- When you have your dozen shells, rinse them well in water.
- Remove any whites that might be stuck but don’t remove membrane as these have extra nutrients.
- Fill a stock pot with approximately 6 cups of filtered water and bring to a boil.
- Carefully put your eggshells into water. (This will kill any harmful pathogens)
- Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain shells.
- Spread the shells on glass or stainless steel baking sheet and let dry overnight. In the morning, put in a 200 degree oven for about 10 minutes to completely dry out.
- Once completed, put a few shells into a coffee grinder and run until they are pulverized into a granular form.
- Continue until all of your shells are powder.
- Store in a tightly sealed Mason jar in the cupboard away from heat or moisture.
- How to Consume
- 1 tsp. contains approximately 800-1,000 mg. of calcium.
- Consume by mixing in a small amount of water with a meal.
- Consume 3/4 to 1 tsp daily, divided in 3 servings with meals.
- Don’t consumer more than 1 tsp a day as it can irritate sensitive digestive tracks.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!