Spicy Pulled Pork TacosFrom steeltown 3 months ago
- 3-4lb pork butt (shoulder) bone-in shopping list
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce shopping list
- 2 sweet onions (or whatever onion you prefer) shopping list
- 1 lime, halved and juiced shopping list
- 1/4 tblspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry ground mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- salt n pepper shopping list
- flour tortillas (could use corn if you prefer) shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Season both sides of pork roast with salt, pepper, cayenne and dry mustard (dry rub style) I use a bone-in roast, more flavor!
- In a roasting pan brown the roast under the broiler about 5-6 minutes on each side or you can brown on top of a stove in a cast iron skillet with some oil.
- While roast is browning cut onions into thick slices, place half of the onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the browned roast in the crock pot on top of the onions , then put remaining onion on top of the roast.
- Add chipotle peppers (chopped), you can use less chipotle pepper if you prefer it less spicy.
- Add minced garlic and 1/2 lime (juiced)
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup chicken stock on sides of roast
- Slow cook on low for 6-8hours or cook on high for 4-5hours (pending how much time you have)
- By the end, meat should be falling apart. Pull the pork apart with forks and remove the bone.
- Place pork in flour tortillas and top with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream (can also top with diced tomato if you like)
- (Will add photo at a later date)
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooksteeltown Hanover, Pennsylvania
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!