Spicy Pulled Pork TacosFrom steeltown 3 years ago
- 3-4lb pork butt (shoulder) bone-in shopping list
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce shopping list
- 2 sweet onions (or whatever onion you prefer) shopping list
- 1 lime, halved and juiced shopping list
- 1/4 tblspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry ground mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- salt n pepper shopping list
- flour tortillas (could use corn if you prefer) shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- Shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Season both sides of pork roast with salt, pepper, cayenne and dry mustard (dry rub style) I use a bone-in roast, more flavor!
- In a roasting pan brown the roast under the broiler about 5-6 minutes on each side or you can brown on top of a stove in a cast iron skillet with some oil.
- While roast is browning cut onions into thick slices, place half of the onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the browned roast in the crock pot on top of the onions , then put remaining onion on top of the roast.
- Add chipotle peppers (chopped), you can use less chipotle pepper if you prefer it less spicy.
- Add minced garlic and 1/2 lime (juiced)
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup chicken stock on sides of roast
- Slow cook on low for 6-8hours or cook on high for 4-5hours (pending how much time you have)
- By the end, meat should be falling apart. Pull the pork apart with forks and remove the bone.
- Place pork in flour tortillas and top with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream (can also top with diced tomato if you like)
- (Will add photo at a later date)
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooksteeltown Hanover, Pennsylvania
The Rating2 people
Delicious! I've been waiting for this one, and Superbowl Sunday was the perfect time to try them. Thanks, sweets! Full review and very minor changes, here:morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
This sounds great! Think I would add a little lettuce in here too!!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
We really enjoyed this! Yummy :) Will double up on the liquid next time, my pork really sucked it up while shredding! Flavor is spot on with a nice spiciness. Glad a gave this one a try! More in Keni's IMI link below :)
12/15/14mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!