Loaded Potato Leek And Bacon SoupFrom tyeargin 4 years ago
- 2 ½ lbs red potatoes Only peel off bad spots if any . Chopped . shopping list
- 1 medium sweet onion Chopped shopping list
- I stalk of leek Cleaned thoroughly / Slit in half . Sliced shopping list
- 3 stalks of celery Slit in halves , diced shopping list
- 1 lbs bacon Cooked crispy , chopped small . Save four tsps rendered fat . shopping list
- 1 qt Half and Half shopping list
- 1 26 oz. carton Swansons unsalted chicken stock shopping list
- sea salt ( to taste ) shopping list
- Fresh Cracked black peppercorn ( to taste ) shopping list
- 1 tsp minced roasted garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Add potatoes , leek , onion , celery and garlic to large pot .
- Pour in entire carton of chicken stock . Stir . Bring to boil .
- Cover , reduce heat to medium low and simmer until potatoes are soft .
- Add half and half , bacon and rendered bacon fat . Stir .
- Let cook until hot again , but not boiling .
- Season to taste with sea salt and pepper . Stir and enjoy .
The Cooktyeargin Gastonia, North Carolina
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!