"Salt" Cod With Gremolata And ChickpeasFrom PongoUSA 3 years ago
- 4 cod fillets, about 6 oz each shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablesp. Kosher sea salt shopping list
- 1 teasp. Coarsly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 teasp. sugar shopping list
- 2 tablesp. olive oil shopping list
- 450 grams Chickpeas, soaked overnight shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 carrot, coarsly diced shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- Good handful parsley shopping list
- 1 large Clove garlic shopping list
- Thinnly peeled zest of 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper and sugar.Toss well and refrigerate 4 hrs. or over night.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, and put in large pan. Add onion, studded with the cloves, carrot and plenty of water. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered partially, until the chickpeas are tender, anything from 1 hr. to 2 hrs., depending on age. Add salt and let cool in their liquid.
- Heat the stock in a large pot and add an equal amount of chickpea liquor. add chickpeas to the stock mixture. season and heat.
- For the gremolata, chop the parsley, garlic and lemon peel together. Set aside.
- Rinse the fish, dry very well and season with plenty of pepper. Heat oil in a heavy ( cast iron ) pan over high heat. Cook the fish on the good side for 5 min. first, than flip and cook 3 min. on the other side.
- Laddle chickpeas in warmed soup plates, add some broth, place fish on top and sprinkle with gremolata. Serve at once.