Stuffed Fish Filets with Nutmeg SauceFrom nytkrew 8 years ago
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup Grated carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 isp grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 4 small white fish filets (flounder, sole, etc) shopping list
- 4 tsp flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/8 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 dry white wine shopping list
- 1 Tbsp parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a heavy skillet melt half the butter.
- Add green onion and carrots, cooking until tender.
- Stir in rice and half each of the following :lemon juice, lemon rind, nutmeg, and black pepper.
- Add the salt.
- Rub the filets with the remaining pepper..
- Place 1/4 of the rice mixture on half of one of the filets.
- Fold the half over and stick with a toothpick to hold.
- Bake fish in a 8 x 8 x 2 lightly greased baking dish for 25-30 minutes.
- Nutmeg Sauce:
- Melt remaining butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour and cook together for 3 to 5 Minutes.
- Add chicken and remaining nutmeg, lemon rind and juice, and white or black pepper.
- Cook stirring constantly until thickened and smooth.
- Add the wine and parsley.
- Serve the sauce with the fish.
The Cooknytkrew Portland, ME
- Not added to any groups yet!