Italian DogFrom keni 9 months ago
- 6 Italian style specialty sausage(I used a roasted red pepper/asiago variety) shopping list
- 6 hearty Artisan style sub/brat rolls, split shopping list
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained shopping list
- 1 can diced roasted(or Italian style) diced tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 red or sweet onion, diced shopping list
- 2T fresh Italian herbs(oregano, basil, parsley, etc), chopped shopping list
- 6 slices Mozzarella or provolone cheese shopping list
- Handful of fresh baby spinach leaves shopping list
- drizzle of olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- couple T of garlic powder shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In small saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in a lil olive oil until just starting to soften.
- Add garlic and cook a couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes, fresh herbs and a lil salt and pepper and cook until just heated through. Keep warm.
- Warm beans in microwave or in another saucepan on stove or grill.
- Melt butter and mix with the garlic powder
- Brush garlic butter over insides of the split rolls
- Grill sausages(careful not to pierce the skins!) over high heat and meanwhile, lightly toast the rolls by spreading them open on a cooler part of the grill so you get a nice toasted "garlic bread" interior.
- Serve the sausages by placing a piece of cheese into each roll, and a few spinach leaves to one side.
- Put in the sausages then top with the warm tomato mixture and the warm beans!