Shrimp Scampi PastaFrom softgrey 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp (raw; 20 to 25 per lb) shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, left unpeeled and forced through a garlic press shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 lb capellini (angel-hair pasta) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a 6- to 8-quart pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add garlic to oil remaining in skillet along with red pepper flakes, wine, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- Toss pasta well with shrimp mixture and parsley in large bowl, adding some of reserved cooking water if necessary to keep moist.