Gordon Ramsays Fruit CompoteFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the brandy in a small saucepan without letting it boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the prunes. Leave overnight.
- The next day, drain the prunes, remove the pits, and chop the flesh roughly. Set aside.
- Put the chopped apple in another small pan and trickle over 2 tablespoons of water.
- Add vanilla add to the pan, and stir into the apple.
- Heat until sizzling, then cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pulpy.
- Cool, then crush to a chunky purée with a fork.
- In another saucepan, gently heat the sugar with a splash of water until melted, stirring occasionally.
- When clear, raise the heat, stir in the butter, and cook to a light caramel colour. Do not stir or you will make fudge.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes, then mix in the milk.
- Cool to room temperature, then mix in the apple and chill.
- Divide the prunes among 6 glasses. Top with the caramel-apple mixture and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members
Copy Cat Recipes370 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Cooking With Kids38 members