Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom jencathen 3 years ago
- 6 bell peppers (any color) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef or (mixture of ground pork, veal and beef) shopping list
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning (just use whatever is on hand, basil, oregano etc) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup broth shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or any kind of cheese you prefer) shopping list
- 2 cups pasta sauce (whatever one you like) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and ribs. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms browned and tender.
- Add beef and cook until beef browned.
- Drain off excess fat, and season with salt, pepper and dried herbs.
- Stir in the tomatoes, rice, 1/2 cup broth, sliced olives and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish.
- Pour pasta sauce over the peppers. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Bake covered for 25 to 35 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
The Cookjencathen TX
- Not added to any groups yet!