Portuguese Egg TartsFrom Yinhomemade 3 years ago
- Ingredient: shopping list
- Ready rolled Flaky puff pastry shopping list
- custard Filling shopping list
- Number of egg Tarts Serve 8 shopping list
- 1. Size 6 egg yolks 50g shopping list
- Size 6 egg yolks(unit) 3 shopping list
- 2. milk 50 ml shopping list
- 3. fresh cream 90 ml shopping list
- 4. Castor sugar 30g shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut dough with a cookie cutter that is just a bit smaller than your tart tin in size. If no egg tart tin use muffin pan to replace.
- 2. Lightly grease the egg tart tins/muffin pan. Line dough in the middle of tart tins, one by one. Lightly press the dough with your thumbs, starting from the bottom then up to the sides. While pressing the dough, turn the tart tin clockwise/anti-clockwise in order to make an even tart shell. Trim away any excess dough.
- 3. Warm the milk, pour the sugar into the warm milk to dissolve.
- 4. Pour the cream warm milk mixture.
- 5. Beat the egg yolks; sieve the egg yolks into the milk mixture.
- 6. Fill the pastry with about 80% of the pastry.
- 7. Preheat oven to 200C.Bake tarts for 10-15 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- 8. Reduce the heat to 180C. Keep an eye on them. Once custard being puffed up a bit, pull the oven door open about 2 to 3 inches. This method is to avoid custard from being puffed up too high. The custard would collapse once they are cooled down otherwise.
- 9. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until the custard is cooked through or the pastry is brown. Insert a toothpick into the custard, if it stands on its own, it’s done.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!