Bean Ham Hock SoupFrom jena 2 years ago
- 3 cans beans, black, kidney and/or pinto shopping list
- 2 lg. ham hocks shopping list
- 3 containers chicken broth shopping list
- 1 lg. onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 carrots, chopped, optional shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- lime slices shopping list
- plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse beans and place in large pot.
- Add chicken broth, onion, garlic and ham hocks.
- Boil for 45 minutes.
- Simmer for about 1 hour adding additional stock as necessary.
- Add carrot, celery, bay leaf and oregano.
- Simmer for another hour.
- Remove ham hocks and bay leaf.
- Let cool. Remove meat from bones and add to soup.
- Serve with lime and garnish with a dollop of plain yogurt.
The Cookjena MN
- Not added to any groups yet!