Pernil AsadoFrom MonicaNY30 2 years ago
How to make it
- First you want to cut the pork out of the package. Transfering it to the sink and washing with the vinegar. Than completely dry the pernil and set aside.
- Take the Garlic after peeled and place into a food processor or mortar and blend well until paste than add the oregano, pepper, oil olive, sofrito, and Sazon and mix well.
- Than Place the pig shoulder on a cutting board and make 1 1/2 inch slits into the should all over. If you feel it is to much fat trim a little off but keeping some to keep the meat juicy. Than take the marinade and pour overn and make sure that you get the marinade into the slits. (Optional) If you want you can put another packet of sazon on the skin side to give color.
- Wrap in plastic wrap in a aluminum pan or roasting pan and seal very good so none of the juices comes out. Place in a Referigerator and marinade for a 1 or 2 if you gonna cook it that day, or overnight if you cooking the next day.
- When you cook it let it sit before you cook it to come to room temp. Than place in a preheated oven at 350 F. Skin side down in a roasting pan with rack covered the top with aluminum foil. and cook for 2 hours. Than Uncover for another 1 hour. Than turn over skin side up and cook until the skin becomes hard. And you will know when its done because the bone should pull right out. Or if you have a roasting bag you also can cook it inside until the skin gets hard.
- When done let rest so the juices can go back inside. Than Cut and Serve with side dish.
- (NOTE) Not everyone on the island and the mainlands cook the same!!!!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- MonicaNY30 Penuelas, Newyork
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookMonicaNY30 Penuelas, Newyork
- Not added to any groups yet!