Brown Beech Mushrooms And Chicken Stir-fryFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets – about 4 oz. each shopping list
- 1/2 tsp tamari/soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- black pepper, freshly ground – to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- pinch of sugar shopping list
- 1 150g package brown beech mushrooms, separated and ends trimmed shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, grated shopping list
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- green onion tops, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- In a medium-sized non-reactive bowl, combine tamari/soy, sesame oil, pepper, cornstarch, and sugar. Whisk to incorporate.
- Add chicken to bowl and marinate on counter for 15 minutes, or covered in fridge overnight.
- Heat wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. When hot, swirl in vegetable oil. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until nearly cooked through. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, oyster sauce and red pepper flakes. Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 30 seconds See Photo. Garnish with sliced green onions.
- I served this over steamed brown rice with pan roasted baby bok choy (recipe to follow).
People Who Like This Dish 1
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!