Jamaican Lamb CurryFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1/3 lb lamb leg meat, cut into strips or small cubes (I used trimmings from a leg we used for lamb-stew-from-southern-france.html">lamb Stew From Southern France ) shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp molasses shopping list
- 1 minced Thai chili (or half a habanero) shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil shopping list
- 1/2 large spanish onion, sliced into half-moons shopping list
- 4 oz carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 large tomato, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- pinch cinnamon shopping list
- pinch ground cloves shopping list
- 1 tbsp dark rum shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350F and lightly grease a small square casserole (with a cover).
- Place the lamb in the casserole and top with the thyme, pepper, salt, molasses, chili and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large cast-iron pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the tomato and cook 1-2 minutes longer, until it begins to break down.
- Stir in the curry powder, allspice, cinnamon and cloves with rum and 1/4 cup of the water.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring, then pour over the lamb and stir to combine.
- Add remaining water, cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover, stir and cook (uncovered) another 30-40 minutes, until liquid is reduced and meat is tender.