Down And Dirty RiceFrom notyourmomma 1 year ago
- 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice shopping list
- 2 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- 3 tbsp of olive oil shopping list
- 1 large Vidali a onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 celery stalks, sliced fine shopping list
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 lb. of ground pork shopping list
- 3/4 cup of minced chicken livers shopping list
- 4 slices of bacon, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Tony Chachere's Seasoning or your favorite blackening seasoning, as long as it is a fine grind. Lots of cayenne, black pepper, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder. shopping list
- if you want it spicier add a fresh jalapeno pepper to the diced veggies shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to package directions, using only 1/2 of the chicken broth. (You use the remaining broth later in recipe)
- When rice is done, spread out on a sheet tray and cool. Sprinkle with a bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
- Mash or mince, or pulverize the chicken livers in a food processor.
- In a large fry pan, in two tbsp of oil, cook the bacon until it is crispy, add the ground pork and cook until no longer pink. Add the chopped veggies and cook them until limp. Add the chicken livers and seasoning, cook until brown and crispy. Add the remaining cup of chicken broth to scrape up all the goodies on the bottom of the pan.
- Add your cooked rice and mix well. Heat gently and serve.
- I add Crystal hot sauce and chopped green onions at the table.
- Also, the pepper vinegar that has those small sport peppers is a favorite.
- My picture is a bowl of dirty rice with a generous dollop of my homemade spicy giardiniera.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!