Baked Stuffed Shells (conchiglie)From fewls 1 year ago
- 1 box of Regular or Jumbo Shells, cook in boiling salted water for 8 minutes, drain and cool. shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 lbs container of ricotta cheese shopping list
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (not fresh) (Precious is a great brand) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- ½ cup fresh parsley (chopped) I use the same amount of dried parsley shopping list
- 1 T dried basil shopping list
- a pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- Salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- At least 3 cups of pasta sauce of choice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Beat eggs lightly.
- Stir in ricotta, 2 cups of the mozzarella, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spoon about a Tablespoon of mixture into each shell (more for the jumbo’s).
- Spoon some sauce in the bottom of a 13X9 baking dish.
- Arrange shells in a single layer.
- Top with sauce, then mozzarella, then parmesan and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted and bubbly.
- The kitchen begins to smell really good when done.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!