Vegan Lemon-coconut CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 20 oz sugar shopping list
- 8 oz non-hydrogenated margarine shopping list
- ¼ cup lemon juice shopping list
- grated zest of 4 lemons shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 ½ tbsp lemon extract shopping list
- 24.6 oz flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups premium coconut milk shopping list
- ¾ - 1 cup pure raspberry jam, warmed slightly until spreadable shopping list
- 1/3 cup fine-shred coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease 2 9x13 pans.
- Cream together sugar and margarine. Add lemon juice, zest, vanilla and lemon extracts and beat well.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients in three sections, alternating with the water and coconut milk. Beat well after each addition.
- Divide between pans and bake 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely in the pan before turning out onto a tray, then chill 1 hour before filling.
- Spread jam evenly over one of the layers and sprinkle with coconut.
- Place second layer on top, trim the edges and chill again before frosting and decorating.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!