Nathans Cookies ( Chewy Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Cookies )From jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 ½ cups non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 cups packed dark brown sugar (I like Demerara) shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 ½ cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- ½ tbsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tbsp salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 2 cups chocolate chips shopping list
- ¼ cup multicoloured sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, cream the shortening, sugars, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, egg yolk and honey, beat well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg, beating until just blended.
- By hand, stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Cover the surface of the dough with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Scoop cookies (about 1 ½ - 2 tbsp each) onto parchment-lined sheets 3 inches apart.
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes for chewy cookies, or 12 to 15 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.