Rootbeer Float CupcakesFrom bittersweet 7 years ago
- Cupcake: shopping list
- 1 Cup Rootbeer Soda shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 Cup canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons Rootbeer extract shopping list
- 1 1/3 Cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- Ganache: shopping list
- 5 Oz. dark chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 Cup soymilk shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 Cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 3 Cups Confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla soymilk shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a dozen cupcake tins with papers.
- Combine the soda and vinegar and let stand for a few minutes. Add in the sugar and oil, whisking vigorously until slightly frothy. Integrate your extracts, and gently introduce the flour, along with the baking powder / soda, and salt, being careful not to over mix.
- Distributing the batter evenly between the prepared tins, fill cupcake liners approximately 3/4 of the way to the top. Bake for about 18 - 22 minutes. Allow them to cool completely before proceeding to the ganache.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the ganache in a microwave-safe container and nuke for about a minute. Stir thoroughly even if it doesn’t look completely melted - It should come together after a bit of agitation, but if the chocolate still isn’t entirely smooth, return to the microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time, watching carefully to ensure that it doesn’t burn. Drizzle ganache in squiggles over the tops of the cupcakes. [You’ll probably have plenty of left over ganache, but is that a particularly bad thing?] Allow ganache squiggles to fully cool and dry before preparing the frosting.
- Finally, for the frosting, throw room temperature shortening into your mixer, and beat thoroughly until creamed. Add in sugar and start on a low speed so as not to spray powder everywhere. Incorporate soymilk and extract, and combine thoroughly. Apply to cupcakes as desired. Wax nostalgic about childhood memories.