Buffalo WingsFrom fewls 9 months ago
- One bag of frozen chicken wings, that have been separated into the first two joints (no sense in buying the tips) shopping list
- 1 cup Frank's hot sauce shopping list
- 1 capful of white vinegar shopping list
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 large Tupperware bowl (very important in the original recipe) but any sontainer with a VERY tight fitting lid will do if you aren't a purest! shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Sauce First
- Melt the stick of butter in the microwave in a large glass bowl.
- Add the hot sauce (Frank's is the only hot sauce that I have been able to find that is hot and has real taste, but there may be others out there).
- Add the capful of white vinegar.
- Stir carefully and taste: adjust for your acceptable level of hotness increasing the hot by adding more Franks or reducing by adding more butter.
- I occasionally am tempted to add a dash or so of Tobasco for my son-in-law who really likes HOT wings.
- Set aside, until wings are cooked, stirring occasionally
- Broiling the wings
- Place a double layer of aluminum foil on a large cookie sheet with sides.
- Put as many wings on the cookie sheet as will fit.
- Jam them together, as they will reduce in size as they broil.
- Place them on the second shelf in your oven and broil at 500º for 5 minutes.
- Turn every 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- They cook in their own juices which makes the skin nice and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and place into the appropriate sized container with the very tight fitting lid.
- Pour the hot sauce over the wings, cover and shake until completely covered with the sauce.
- You can add celery and a chunky blue cheese dressing not ranch or some other white dressing, only blue, again for the purist among us.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!