Vegan And Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1 tbsp Homemade Ener G Egg Replacer (or 2 eggs) shopping list
- ¼ cup warm water shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice flour shopping list
- ½ cup chickpea flour shopping list
- ½ tsp guar gum shopping list
- ½ tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- pinch nutmeg shopping list
- ½ cup non-hydrogenated shortening shopping list
- ½ cup smooth almond butter(well stirred, preferably unsweetened) shopping list
- ½ cup demerara sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp gluten free vanilla shopping list
- 2 tbsp Courvoisier shopping list
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds shopping list
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced (I used Granny Smith) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- In a small dish, whisk together egg replacer and water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, chickpea flour, guar gum, baking soda, salt cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, almond butter, sugars, vanilla and Courvoisier.
- Add dry ingredients, beating well, then fold in the almonds and apple pieces.
- Roll the cookies into balls and place on lined cookie sheets. With wet fingers, press them down slightly to flatten.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on the tray for 30 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350˚F.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes longer.
- Cool on the sheet.
- This also makes good “bar” cookies (which travel better!) - press the dough into an 8” pan and bake @ 350˚F for 35 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!