Chimichurri SauceFrom littlesponger 2 years ago
- 2 packed cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 1 bunch) shopping list
- 2 packed cups fresh cilantro leaves (about 1 bunch) shopping list
- 1/2 packed cup fresh oregano leaves (or 2 to 3 Tbsp oregano dried) shopping list
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and seeded shopping list
- 14 to 16 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp Aleppo pepper flakes (or crushed red pepper flakes) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt ( add 1 more tsp if you like more flavor) shopping list
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, oregano, vinegar, garlic, jalapeno, salt, and pepper. While pulsing the processor, drizzle in 1 cup of the oil until the mixture becomes a creamy yet slightly course sauce.
- Transfer the chimichurri sauce to a bowl and let sit for 30 minutes so that the flavors blend.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.