Spicy Plum SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 9 months ago
- 2 pounds plums, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (or rice vinegar) shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce) shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated ginger shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp Chinese 5-Spice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the plums have broken down and mixture is thicker, 30-35 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, purée until smooth.
- Return to the heat and simmer 15-20 minutes longer, until "ketchup-thick "
- Stores in the refrigerator up to 1 month, the freezer up to 3 months.
- If canning, process in a waterbath for 10 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!